Traumatic Brain Injury
Benefits from HBO:
HBOT stimulates brain tissue helping them to funtion again. The most responsive has been in children where cognitive function and spasticity has shown improvement. Backed by multiple studies HBOT is proven to be the number 1 most effective therapy to reducing chances of mortality and reducing symptoms from TBI. HBOT directly treats the underlying disease processes of TBI which main symptoms are anaerobic metabolism, decreased oxygen, swelling of the brain, posturing, constriction of blood vessels, decreased blood flow, and acidosis. Even in the first couple of treatments patients begin to experience relief of symptoms. Whether first after the TBI or even years later, HBOT has shown to improve and relive symptoms.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for traumatic brain injury
- Effect of hyperbaric oxygen on patients with traumatic brain injury
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for the treatment of traumatic brain injury: a meta-analysis
- Hyperbaric oxygen and focused rehabilitation program: a feasibility study in improving upper limb motor function after stroke
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Improve Post Concussion Syndrome Years after Mild Traumatic Brain Injury - Randomized Prospective Trial